There is much appeal in iOS 4.1 jailbreak for iPhones and many other gadgets. Gone are those days when it was done in the dark because it is now legal to jailbreak smart phones and other devices.
Though iPhones already come with numerous features upon purchase, users just want to have the best additional features that Apple is a bit reluctant to offer. Since Apple only permits certain apps to be acquired by their customers through the iPhone App Store, naturally, people tend to go out of these boundaries in order to get more and better apps, themes, movies, music, etc.
Get ready to jailbreak your iOS 4.1 device: If you have a Windows gadget, you may be able to use Sn0wbreeze 1.8 in order to customize firmware files even without the upgraded baseband. Here are the devices that are supported –
- iPhone 3GS with the old bootrom and has been jailbroken on iOS 4.x
- iPod Touch 3G
- iPod Touch 2G (the non MC model)
Caution: If you want to rely on unlock, then do not update your device to iOS 4.1.
Instructions for iOS 4.1 jailbreak:
- Step 1 is to download and then install iTunes. Just make sure that you are installing the latest version.
- Start iTunes and then sync your device with your computer. Ascertain that all the important data is going to be backed up including music, apps, photos and contacts.
- Now it is time to download the software, which you can find below. and the iOS 4.1 original firmware. Make sure that these work with your iPod Touch or iPhone device. Make sure to move all the files to your desktop.
- Start the program and then choose Simple Mode.
- The program will be asking you to look for an .ipsw file. Choose the right iOS 4.1 firmware IPSW file. Click on the Browse button to be able to do this. Sn0wbreeze should verify your selected file and you should see: ipsw verified click Next to continue.
- Simply click on Yes when you are prompted with this question – Do you want to activate your iPhone? Click on NO if you are supported by AT&T.
- The program should now made the custom IPSW file for the device that you are about to jailbreak.
- The next step is to restore your device to the custom firmware 4.1 that you just had utilizing the program. Click on your device from the iTunes sidebar and then press the left Shift button. Just hold that button and then click on Restore. Don’t click on Check for Update or Update. As soon as you have clicked the Restore button, release the Shift button so that iTunes will prompt you to choose the location for the custom firmware 4.1.
- Click on the custom .ipsw file and then click on Open.
- The next thing to do is to enjoy as iTunes will be doing the rest of the task for you. This entails a series of preset steps, but just be patient and don’t interrupt. Also, make sure that you don’t do anything silly as iTunes installs the latest iOS 4.1 firmware to your device.
- Just watch the progress bar as it indicates whether you’re moving forward with the jailbreaking process or not. After the installation, your device should restart and as it ups once more, you’ll already have a jailbroken device.
- As soon as the jailbreaking process is through, you can just restore the apps, settings, contacts, photos, and music to your newly-installed iOS 4.1. Do this by restoring the backup which you made during step 2.
These may be simple to some people but for some who don’t have a technical know-how, these steps could still be complex. It’s better to depend on a software that will do the job for you in less time and effort:
No matter how many devices you would enlist to be jailbroken, this software is certainly up for the task. Your gadget will finally be one of the most envied because it has the latest apps, music, movies, themes, wallpapers, etc. And the best part is, you simply download, follow the simplest instructions (comes with vivid illustrations) and you’re done with the jailbreaking process!
You shouldn’t be intimidated of the jailbreaking process any longer. Visit: iOS 4.1 Jailbreak Software.
You have a very wonderful device so you shouldn’t be handicapped by its lack of features. iPhones, iPod Touch and other such devices are meant to perform and please so it is – no longer a luxury but – a need to have them jailbroken during these times. Visit: iOS 4.1 Jailbreak