To jailbreak, iOS jailbreak or more specifically, do a 4.1 jailbreak means you go through the process which would permit Apple devices to gain access to apps and many other features that are currently limited by Apple.
With a jailbroken device, a user can download and install apps, extensions and themes that aren’t found in the iTunes store. Users, simply put, want to have cracked applications for the joy of being unique.
Reasons to Jailbreak
- There is more to the world of communication than AT&T. So if your iPhone device is locked to this carrier, then you are bound to their terms and conditions. If you want to break free, then you just need to jailbreak your gadget – it’s that simple.
- There are just so many jailbroken applications online! You would be a fool to miss them all because you’re device is tied up. Cydia, the hub of the coolest apps, is often the strongest reasons why users want to have their devices jailbroken.
- Jailbreaking can be reversible. So if you suddenly realize that you are actually scared of the consequences of jailbreaking, then all you have to do is to reverse by restoring.
Things to Remember Prior to Jailbreaking
- Primarily, you should run the TinyUmbrella in order to backup the shsh blobs. The shsh blob is the signature file that is confirmed to the Apple Server. This is the thing which verifies that your Apple Device is running on the latest iOS version.
- Make sure to backup your gadget in iTunes. Backup all of your vital apps, photos, contacts and many other important data so you can also have them reinstalled later on.
- Understand the risks of jailbreaking your device. Though bricking isn’t a common occurrence, still, it did occur for some users who have dared to jailbreak their devices so just be extra careful.
Time to Jailbreak…
- For this example, you are going to use the software which you can find below. Remember that, currently, the Mac version isn’t available so you should download the zip file for the Windows version.
- Unzip the file that you downloaded.
- Install and start the program.
- Be sure that your device is in DFU or device firmware update mode. Now take note that it can be a bit tricky to do this – not difficult – but you will need to be extra careful.
- Power off your device and sync it with your PC.
- Launch iTunes and make sure that you have a timer as you hold the Home and Sleep buttons for about ten seconds. Pressing less than ten seconds will make your jailbreaking attempt unsuccessful so you had better do it right the first time.
- Release the Sleep button after pressing it for ten seconds, keep pressing the Home button, though. The Home button is usually pressed up to fifteen seconds so, once again, time your actions.
- You should be prompted with – iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes.
- If you’re not prompted with this script, then you should do the steps all over again.
- If you have successfully brought your device into the DFU mode, then you will be asked to click onto the Jailbreak button.
- Simply click on the Jailbreak! button and then see your progress on the progress bar.
- Your jailbreak should be done in a few minutes, if not, then you will see a Jailbreak Failed prompt.
If this makes you wish that a person with technical know-how would just be the one to jailbreak your device, then it just means that you’re still confused by the steps or you’re clueless altogether. There is a better option and this is to use a software that will do the major tasks for you:
You don’t have to memorize technical steps in order to do jailbreaking right. This software will give you a jailbroken device that can download apps, themes, music, movies and wallpapers, in just minutes. And if you want your entire family to enjoy jailbroken devices, then you can use this software over and over again.
You don’t have to be uniform with everyone who has an Apple device. Visit: 4.1 Jailbreak Software.
This is the quickest and easiest way to jailbreak your iPhone, iPod or iPad devices. There is no need to spend hundreds of dollars just to get those cool apps! All you have to do is to download, install, and have fun! Visit: 4.1 Jailbreak